Mohammad Riaz Uddin joined BIDS on November, 2015 as Research Associate. He has obtained his BSS and MSS degrees from Department of Economics, University of Dhaka in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Prior to joining as a Research Associate, he worked as an Abu Abdullah Fellow at BIDS. His primary research interest lies in agricultural and applied microeconomics issues especially in poverty, inequality, nutrition, human development, education and labor market issues. He is also interested in experimental and quasi-experimental economics.
CV of Mohammad Riaz Uddin : Download
Area of Specialization
Journal Publications: Published and Forthcoming
1. Testing the intergenerational persistence in stream of schooling: Evidence from Bangladesh, with Rubaiya Murshed, Journal of School Choice: International Research and Reforms [Taylor & Francis], Forthcoming.
2. Crop Diversification, Dietary Diversity and Nutrition: Evidence from Rural Bangladesh, Bangladesh Development Studies (BDS), Forthcoming.
3. Parental Education and Schooling Choice: An Empirical Study from Bangladesh, with Rubaiya Murshed, Bangladesh Development Studies (BDS), Forthcoming.
4. Organic Farming in Bangladesh: To Pursue or not to Pursue? An Exploratory Study Based on Consumer Perception, with Rubaiya Murshed, Organic Farming, 6(1), 1-12. doi:10.12924/of2020.06010001, 2020.
Revise and Resubmit
1. Following in fathers' but not in mothers' footsteps: Educational mobility trend in Bangladesh, with Rubaiya Murshed, International Journal of Educational Development.